Weird on the Waves
A downloadable roleplaying game
Currently available for pre-order
Weird on the Waves is a full colour wavecrawl setting and toolkit for use with d20 based fantasy games like Dungeons & Dragons. It is set on the Caribbean sea amid the rise of buccaneers and the beginnings of the golden age of piracy. Within the history you know are strange paranormal events and otherworldly intrusions: freakish mutations washing in with the tide, ancient structures rising out of the waves, and ships that are not ships...but monsters themselves.
It is a great and terrifying time in history to become rich and powerful...but only for those with the strength and guile to brave the weirdness on the waves.
This adventure features writing and design by Kiel Chenier and art by Sam Mameli.
The standard wavecrawl setting and toolkit book ($5.99) will contain all of the following:
- A map and setting details for the Buccaneer Caribbean (Cuba, Jamaica, Hispaniola, Tortuga, and more).
- New Race + Class: The Mermaid, an elegant but monstrous reaver of the waves.
- Expanded rules for seafaring adventure and combat.
- Random Tables for generating ocean hexes quickly and easily.
- Sea of Monsters: 12+ unique sea and land monsters.
- Price lists for nautical goods and artillery.
- Starter Adventure: The Horrors of Pig Island, perfect for kickstarting a pirate campaign.
If you pay more ($10.99) your book will include additional content:
- Adventure: Deep in the Belly, a dungeon-crawl inside the belly of a giant whale.
- Scurvy Adversaries: 10 buccaneer and pirate NPCs to pit against your players.
- Random Tables Galore: all the random results you’ll need to keep your campaign going.
Weird on the Waves PDF will be released on January 5th, 2018. Additional Content will be made available by January 12th at the latest.
Due to an unexpected delay, Weird on the Waves PDF will be released in early 2019.
In order to download this roleplaying game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5.99 USD. You will get access to the following files when they are released:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Early 2019 has come and gone. Is this product dead in the water?
Hi, when does it stop being "early" 2019? May we have a progress report?
It's "late spring" how far off is this?
Is it coming on print as well? When if so?
Have there been any updates on progress recenlty?
Disappointed to see that the release has been pushed back again, though I'm sure it can't be helped. Really looking forward to this!